[afnog] IPv6 for Managers Workshop at AfriNIC 15!

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:33:34 UTC 2011

I must commend the thought behind this, we engineers make
proposals/recommendations and after that we can only wish.... it is really
the organisation administrators(non-technical) that are the decision makers.
Its good and important to have this kind of program for them, that they may
now understand the language/grammar their have been blowing in a long time
:) It is my hope that the program have in attendance the target people!

Weldone Afrinic and i wish everyone attending the event a
fruitful deliberation

Regards
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Babusha Radhakissoon
<babusha at afrinic.net>wrote:

> **
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> AfriNIC has the pleasure to inform you that a new* IPv6 for Managers *Workshop
> will be held during its forthcoming Public Policy Meeting, AfriNIC 15, to be
> held at the Hilton Hotel in Yaounde Cameroon, from the 19th to 25th November
> 2011.
>
> The workshop will be held on the 21st of November. The aim of this workshop
> is to:
>
> 1.Understand the implications of running out of available IPv4 address
> space
> 2. Understand the differences and similarities between IPv4 and IPv6
> 3. Understand the process of IPv6 deployment on a large scale
> 4. Understand best practices and discuss experiences and case studies
>
> Target Audience:
>  - Regulators and Government Officials
> - Non - technical Managers
>
> Workshop Outline:
>
> 1. The Registry System
> 2. What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
> 3. IPv6 Address Basics
> 4. Strategic opportunities of IPv6
> 5. The road to IPv6 : Driving IPv6 adoption
>     - At national/country level
>     - At an enterprise level
>     - At a small to medium company level
> 6.      Managing the costs of IPv6 adoption
> 7.      IPv6 planning priorities and dependencies
> 8.      Aligning IPv6 with key initiatives, processes and projects
> 9.      Case studies: Real Life IPv6 Deployment
> 10.    Way forward
>
> Register for the workshop here:
> http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-15/?q=content/ipv6-workshop
>
> Regards,
>
> The AfriNIC Meeting Team
>
> AfriNIC | 11th Floor ABC | Raffles Tower | Cybercity | Mauritius
> Tel: +230 403 5100 |Fax: +230 466 6758

*Seun Ojedeji,
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
web:      http://www.unn.edu.ng
Mobile: +2348035233535
**alt email: seun.ojedeji at unn.edu.ng*

*you don't need a hero to succeed on the field....you need a team!*