[afnog] IPv6 for Managers Workshop at AfriNIC 15!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 11 15:55:55 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 05:33:34 PM Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> I must commend the thought behind this, we engineers make
> proposals/recommendations and after that we can only
> wish.... it is really the organisation
> administrators(non-technical) that are the decision
> makers. Its good and important to have this kind of
> program for them, that they may now understand the
> language/grammar their have been blowing in a long time
>
> :) It is my hope that the program have in attendance the
> :target people!

Indeed.

It is useful to consider the non-technical issues that
relate to v6 deployment. However, given the current state of
affairs with v4, I believe that any ISP that wants to stay
in business (and hopefully, keep growing) really has no
choice but seriously examine deploying v6.

I'm hopeful this workshop with AfriNIC will make that more
apparent to the folk that need to approve v6 deployment
projects.

Cheers,

Mark.