[afnog] Cisco 1841 ISR problem

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Oct 11 09:10:06 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 04:56:50 PM Yasini Kilima
wrote:

> I was very surprised to see this and I wanted to see the
> configuration file. Actually the difference in my file
> and his was only this keyword. I removed his router and
> edited my route by adding this keyword and surprisingly
> my router worked and it is still working up to now.

Do you know whether your ISP's side of the connection is
also using the same keyword on their routing toward your
network?

> Truly my case was not related to NAT issues but it smells
> pretty similar (Routing).

The OP's routing sounds fine. If you recall what he said, he
said NAT works for a while, and then stops working. Clearing
the NAT Translation table fixes the issue, but only for a
while.

It smells of either memory limitations or software issues to
me on the OP's router.

I would have said that the public IP address the OP is
NAT'ing to might be getting blocked, but it doesn't sound
like he's generating significant traffic to warrant that.

Mark.