[afnog] Re : Need help on Disaster Recovery Site Setup

Tracy Musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 4 05:33:45 UTC 2011

 Dear Kilima,

First:

For your DCR sites you need to setup one box per site using PFsense, a FreeBSD based system , u can install and setup either failover or Load Balancing in 1 hour. both can't work on same time unless this scenario to be improved in the new version. Even if you have 4 or 6 WAN providers,  just get a hardware with 5 Gigabit NIC and let PFsense do the next... I hope U got some skills to manage FreeBSD system.

Snd:

Opensource solutions:  Bacula and Amanda can be your friends  :

http://www.bacula.org/en/    and    http://www.amanda.org/

If you need a commercial and  powerfull system, Iadvice you to use ASIGRA.
For new and existing service providers who focus on data protection,
IT constrained organizations, and industries with compliance mandates
that are looking to improve their backup with a secure, reliable and
predictable data protection cloud backup model, Asigra transforms the
way businesses manage and protect their data by delivering market
leading cloud backup solutions that seamlessly and efficiently manage,
scale and deliver data protection services
If U need a software for backup and replication, I advice you to use ASIGRA.

In the case of Need I can even provide to you software and Support.

Asigra Cloud Backup platform to protect the entire digital footprint (storage, servers,
desktops, and laptops on the enterprise LAN as well as remote tablets,
smart phones, and laptops), It provides data Recovery and Restore Assurance
(R2A) for consumers, and establish new performance benchmarks.
If you need some opensource , look at Amanda or Bacula

.
I hope this will help.

CokoTracy

Happy Hacking friendly