[afnog] Need help on Disaster Recovery Site Setup

Yasini Kilima ykilima at tra.go.tz
Tue Oct 4 04:39:34 UTC 2011

Hello team,

I am facing a challenge regarding the Disaster Recovery Site that we want to implement in our organization.
It is required that the two sites (Data Center Replicas) should operate either in a load balance nature or failover partners.

The scenario is not an issue to design but the challenge is how should I configure the failover or load balancing for the sites that are distant and connected by MPLS Layer 3 links? I have 4 WAN service providers and it is required all should be involved as our regional sites are connected on either or two of the four where multihoming is used. I have Cisco routers throughout. I have googled but didn't find any useful information.

I wish it was possible to attach a sample scenario drawing here for clarification.
I believe my explanations are clear.

Please help me an idea.

Yasini.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments are proprietary to TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY.Any unauthorized use or interception is illegal. The views and opinions expressed are those of the sender, unless clearly stated as being those of TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY. This e-mail is only addressed to the addressee and TANZANIA REVENUE AUTHORITY shall not be responsible for any further publication of the contents of this e-mail. If this e-mail is not addressed to you, you may not copy, print, distribute or disclose the contents to anyone nor act on its contents. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and delete this e-mail from your computer.