[afnog] Connectivity to www.afrinic.net-BGP qtn

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 06:53:10 UTC 2010

--- On Wed, 7/7/10, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote?:
If you require any device to have 'high availability' you have a bad
design.

BGP never converges.
---
@ Randy,
my head has been going round in circles and forgive my ignorance but am not sure I understand your statements above.

i thought BGP by design presumes certain levels of high-availability (i.e. multiple redundant paths to facilitate AS_NO connectivity). Why cant the Border Routers on TEAMs and SEACOM gateways be configured to interconnect and automatically act as backup to each other - without compromising BGP convergence?

Thats why i thought it a commercial rather technical challenge.

walu.