[afnog] Assistance

Clarence Diggs clazo21 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:55:54 UTC 2010

Actually the error message I'm getting does not say anything about the
Password change but this started happening after I changed the
password. Now here is the issue, I tried joining a machine to the
domain and get a message that the DC with the name specified cannot be
contacted or reached. When I check the detail in the error message, it
tells me about the DNS address specified on the pc cannot resolve to
the DC. This may sound weird but that's the whole scenario. I'm
thinking of checking the DNS settings on the DC again and see what's
the situation or demoting and promoting the DC again.......don't know
if that's a better idea.

Thanks.

On 7/2/10, Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Clarence Diggs <clazo21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm having a problem with my domain controller. Since I changed my
>> administrative password on the Server, I've not been able to join any
>> other pc to the domain. I'm thinking it's DNS issue but I would want
>> any suggestion or assistance.
>>

> Is this the domain Administrator account whose password you changed? This,
> ideally, should not affect your joining a computer to the domain as long as
> you use the new password with the matching administrator account. Remember
> you can use either the local administrator on the computer or the domain
> administrator to join. Ensure you have setup your AD correctly.
>
> Also the information you gave is a little vague. I'm clutching at straws
> trying to guess your situation here.
>

> --
> Mike
>
> Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
> a million chances happen 99% of the time.

Clarence T.L.Diggs
Tel:  +2316 734957