[afnog] Assistance

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 21:44:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Clarence Diggs <clazo21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having a problem with my domain controller. Since I changed my
> administrative password on the Server, I've not been able to join any
> other pc to the domain. I'm thinking it's DNS issue but I would want
> any suggestion or assistance.

Is this the domain Administrator account whose password you changed? This,
ideally, should not affect your joining a computer to the domain as long as
you use the new password with the matching administrator account. Remember
you can use either the local administrator on the computer or the domain
administrator to join. Ensure you have setup your AD correctly.

Also the information you gave is a little vague. I'm clutching at straws
trying to guess your situation here.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.