[afnog] Support Please - MCA-T Domain

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Feb 12 12:43:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:19:18AM -0800,
 SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote
 a message of 42 lines which said:

> Other mail servers let third-parties decide whether the message
> should be accepted or not.  Hotmail does not have to provide
> information about the reputation of the sending host as it's an
> internal matter to it.

Indeed. The strong can do what it wants and the weak just has to
accept it.

At a public meeting in Paris three or four years ago, I remember the
AOL representative boasting proudly "We've blacklisted 3/4 of Africa".

> If you are an ISP, they will accept email from you to discuss about
> mail delivery issues.

My experience is rather that big email providers never listen small
ISPs.