[afnog] Mac OS problems (Antonio Godinho)

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Tue May 29 15:26:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

I did login with single user option and still could not change the permissions on the Mac but I have since discovered that there are flags set for folders. I have used the chflags to change the flags from uchg by running the command chflags -R nouchg on the Desktop folder, this has solved the problem, I had never heard of that command and just came across it by chance while looking through the man pages.

Just being root was not good enough as long as the folder was set with that flag.

Cheers,

AG

On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:07:54 +0100, Gideon Enoch Abbeyquaye wrote
> Hi GA,
> To the solve the problem the problem you are talking about, you need to have the root account enabled. On the Mac OS, the root account is disabled by default. To enable it, you need to launch NetInfo Manager. (Applications --> Utilities --> Netinfo Manager).
> 1. From the menu, choose security and select enable root user.
> 2. You should be prompted for a password.
> 3. Quit Netinfo Manager.
> 4. Lauch your Terminal
> 5. type su -
> 6. You should be prompted for the password. (The password you provided for the root user)
> 7. After this, you should be able to change the permissions on the folder in question.
>  All the best
> The Igwe of E0

Gideon Enoch AbbeyquayeData Processing UnitUniveristy of Cape CoastCape CoastGhana

--
Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP