[afnog] Error accessing PC on domain

Noah Sematimba sematin at mtn.co.ug
Wed Sep 6 12:07:37 SAST 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:13, AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I get the error message  when i try browsing some computers on the
> domain."\\pc is not accessible.You might not have permission  to use the
> network resource .Contact the administrators of this server to find out if
> you have access permission's" the pc is running windows xp.Please help me
> with some solutions to the problem.

Are you the administrator? if not please talk to your admin. If yes, then you
need to provide a lot more information than this.
Are you using Active Directory and windows 2000 domains or workgroups? Are
these particular machines you're trying to browse joined to the domain? is
this a general problem for all the machines on the domain from this
particular PC or for only some machines?

Noah.