[afnog] Error accessing PC on domain

AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
Wed Sep 6 12:10:34 SAST 2006

Hello Noah,
These pcs are all joined to a Domain running windows 2k, its just a few
PC's havinng problems, the rest are all ok.Am the administrator of the
domain.
Thx

                      Noah Sematimba
                      <sematin at mtn.co.u        To:       AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
                      g>                       cc:       afnog at afnog.org, Nicholas Nuwamanya <NNuwamanya at mantracuganda.com>,
                                                pmuwanga at chevron.com, "J. James" <jejenext at gmail.com>
                      09/06/2006 01:07         Subject:  Re: [afnog] Error accessing PC on domain
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      sematin
                       :2 Kb

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:13, AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I get the error message  when i try browsing some computers on the
> domain."\\pc is not accessible.You might not have permission  to use the
> network resource .Contact the administrators of this server to find out
if
> you have access permission's" the pc is running windows xp.Please help me
> with some solutions to the problem.

Are you the administrator? if not please talk to your admin. If yes, then
you
need to provide a lot more information than this.
Are you using Active Directory and windows 2000 domains or workgroups? Are
these particular machines you're trying to browse joined to the domain? is
this a general problem for all the machines on the domain from this
particular PC or for only some machines?

Noah.

Oxfam works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.

Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY
Registered charity No. 202918.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk -- breaking news, emergency information, and enhanced content is only a click away.

Are you in?
With your help we can make this world a fairer place.
Visit: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/imin today