[afnog] A router is crashing and rebooting itself

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Thu Nov 2 12:51:22 UTC 2006

On 2-Nov-2006, at 05:23, Mark Tinka wrote:

> I suspect upgrading your IOS might fix the issue. Better still,
> unless you need a feature only available in IOS 12.4, I'd suggest
> you stick/downgrade to 12.3(20), as it's now GD.

12.4(5a) apparently suffers from the following bugs, and there's a
software advisory out advising people to upgrade to 12.4(5b) citing
the defects below. I'd test a later 12.4 mainline image before I went
back to 12.3.

Joe

CSCdz80245
Headline: SNMP: Need ifDescr output without description
CSCea88826
Headline: sh int for tagsw atm subint shows main interface output
queue counts
CSCed08716
Headline: HWIC-D-9ESW: Vlan might disappear because of duplex mismatch
CSCed51827
Headline: %IPFAST-2-IPSTICK error on LNS using MLP
CSCed52110
Headline: FR-VCB: IP header compression not supported
CSCed73942
Headline: IDBs for tunnel interfaces are not reused
CSCee64925
Headline: OSPFv3:i_pdb not assigned correctly in acl handler for
def_routemap
CSCee69887
Headline: SRP dual ring failed to become fully active due to is-type
mismatch
CSCee72997
Headline: PEER_DISCOVERY SAs never goes down while creating tunnels
with TED
CSCef01018
Headline: a built in variable needed for couter nop
CSCef58974
Headline: PRI NTT interface during channel negotiation - incoming
call failure
CSCeg39601
Headline: IPV6 encap tunnel is always down
CSCeg70465
Headline: MQC: classification does not work for second policy in the
same dir
CSCeg77994
Headline: LAC doesnt send Accounting Start message when LNS failovers
CSCeh18306
Headline: ABR PVC causing CRC errors on other PVC with AIM-ATM module
CSCeh60551
Headline: certificate crashes 12.3.4.JA AP
CSCei06394
Headline: RPR+ : Tracebacks at dfs_process_reset_quantum by
RFSS_server_action
CSCei11287
Headline: Investigate rtpspi issues seen during mgcp-vtsp-ip calls
CSCei22475
Headline: busyout does a forceful OIR on 5400
CSCei33312
Headline: Fast dial on ephone-dn does not owrk when ephone trunked to
fxo por
CSCei34276
Headline: ip sla http probe: wrong http version formatting
CSCei45723
Headline: High CPU for NM-16A/S module on Cisco3745 [SDLC]
CSCei49288
Headline: L2TP TOS Reflection doesnt work for multicast traffic
CSCei61010
Headline: memory allocated @ shape_alloc_queues is leaked
CSCei68284
Headline: PA-POS-OC3: RX stuck with c6sup22-jsv-mz.121-26.E1
CSCej13460
Headline: Fast switching doesnt work correctly with ipsec tunnel
protection
CSCej16743
Headline: nat-piggyback causing ping failure to sip-proxy
CSCej18051
Headline: Terminal Window PPP clients not able to login
CSCej27710
Headline: CME switch VoiceMailbox # when provide it to Unity i.e.
8002 to 2008
CSCej28100
Headline: **ERROR**:Ux_BadMsg:Invalid Mesg for call state 3,event 0x83
CSCej30284
Headline: tcp_ecn: Syn retransmission test fails when recive pkts
less than 8
CSCej33016
Headline: densemode.NEW:oif got pruned insted of forward on pim dense
mode
CSCej44746
Headline: NBAR : classification not working correctly for router
generated pkt
CSCej50743
Headline: Memory leak seen at ipnat_snat_build_sync_msg
CSCej62500
Headline: SNAT: router crashes when more than 30k entries time out
instantly
CSCej67290
Headline: ifOperStatus for subinterface has wrong value
CSCej83415
Headline: gateway crashes under stress at cnfsm_crank().
CSCej85495
Headline: AS5400 Reloads unexpectedly while issuing show csm modem
CSCej87817
Headline: Changes to CSCeg70465 to address CoPP breakage
CSCej88216
Headline: Sh busyout gives incorrect channel state on 5400
CSCek06247
Headline: Correct TTL/Hop-limit value for MLD/IGMP packets
CSCek10384
Headline: 7200 NAT dropping Out to In ESP Packets
CSCek14541
Headline: SNMP - ifSpeed for ADSL interface returning in kilobits
versus bits
CSCek17148
Headline: CME crashes in SkinnyDisplayCallInfo
CSCek17265
Headline: autorp send-rp-announce disappears after reload with ip addr
CSCek21424
Headline: Hardening exec busyout and OK/OIR LED changes
CSCek26492
Headline: Enhancements to Packet Input Path
CSCek26583
Headline: AVBO:Busyout hard/soft unavailable for T1 under CT3
CSCek26717
Headline: mroute-limits may show negative values
CSCek26763
Headline: Memory Leak by OIR Timer with OIR of NP108 cards
CSCek27271
Headline: Tos value is wrong in the packet from destination to source
CSCek27597
Headline: buffer full when impedance CLI is configured on all 4 ch
per codec
CSCek28302
Headline: Qualification of 128 MB compact flash for AS5850
CSCek28329
Headline: invert abcd functionality missing for T1 controllers
CSCek28575
Headline: UUT reloads at process_modem_command during async testing
CSCek29315
Headline: IPIPG/W is crashed with Xcoder G.729br8 and G.729r8
CSCek30748
Headline: Router reloads when config tunnel protection ipsec profile
vpnprof
CSCek32892
Headline: IGMPv3 join may create (*,G) state when SSM interface limited
CSCek33253
Headline: Nextport does not dial all DTMF tones for CAS call
CSCin89551
Headline: VIP crash at dmfr_fastsend when pumping traffic via dMFR
bundles.
CSCin97260
Headline: show aaa servers does not reflect the debugs
CSCin97717
Headline: SSG Regression:SSG bind function fails & spurious access seen
CSCin98817
Headline: PDSN MWAM bus error during deletion of ppp cond debug
CSCsa51301
Headline: Reconfiguring ipx on deleted tunnel i/f leaves cfged tunnel
i/f down
CSCsa63173
Headline: IPv4+labels: forwarding not updated upon a label change on
a multipath
CSCsa90039
Headline: Secondary RP not becoming Active after failover
CSCsb30480
Headline: Out-of-Sequence Acct-Response Packets triggers Interim
Accounting
CSCsb30875
Headline: aaa system accounting cause active eRSC to hang after failover
CSCsb32792
Headline: CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_INV_SPI syslog messages appear in two lines
CSCsb42241
Headline: VIP crash in ct3sw_rx_interrupt with PA-MC-2T3+ PA
CSCsb52900
Headline: mpls forwarding table label inconsistency after switchover
CSCsb54857
Headline: ATM shaping parameters removed from ATM vc-class for IMA
upon bootup
CSCsb61714
Headline: MFR: LMI not given high pri over normal packets
CSCsb69271
Headline: 3-way calling conference call is not working correctly
CSCsb75669
Headline: BGP: restore next-hop-self command for eBGP peers
CSCsb76309
Headline: 5X-platform-specific NFAS i/f display broken for show voice
call summary
CSCsb76671
Headline: intermittent one-way audio on ISDN-SIP VoIP gateway
CSCsb77701
Headline: Invalid IRDP packets sent when intf has > 254 secondary IPs
CSCsb79608
Headline: Bus Error at dsmp_dsp_update_call_active_record
CSCsb80841
Headline: router crashes when configuring interface range on HWIC-4ESW
CSCsb86672
Headline: MTA not getting an IP from DHCP
CSCsb88707
Headline: no gracefull rsip make failing call upon busyout
CSCsb88877
Headline: IPIPGW Rejects H323 SignalUpdate if LogicalChannelNumber
missing
CSCsb91678
Headline: %SYS-2-BADSHARE and %MUESLIX-1-HALT causing %SYS-2-WATCHDOG
CSCsb94536
Headline: Calls are dropped after DSP traceback with cause Resource
unavailable
CSCsc01449
Headline: nbar protocol-discovery bitrate does not work from more
than one int
CSCsc03264
CSCsc03569
Headline: c2600 MGCP: unable to make/receive 2nd call in BRI int
CSCsc07964
Headline: dsx1 interval objects not getting populated
CSCsc09271
Headline: The udp noport drops increment even for processed LDP Hellos
CSCsc11833
Headline: Intermittent analog or digital CAS port lock up - in/out
calls fail
CSCsc11953
Headline: Unbundled RBSCP control msg byte accounting not removed off
tmit queue
CSCsc12098
Headline: Fix for CSCei22475: busyout does a forceful OIR on 5400
CSCsc15366
Headline: Clear channel codec not found in mgcp calls to bri interface
CSCsc17673
Headline: show caller on PPPoE client interface crashes router
CSCsc18126
Headline: no ip nat inside source static cmd not unconfiguring the
static entries
CSCsc18151
Headline: as5850 doesnt send encrypted esp packets and shows tracebacks
CSCsc19284
Headline: Bus Error Crash @ idb_proto_counter_get
CSCsc19289
Headline: dLFIoLL : MC-T1 is disabled/wedged on a cbus complex
CSCsc19675
Headline: RTR responder not working on UDP port range 15872 through
16383
CSCsc20149
Headline: CPU hike for show voi call stat command for 5850 Gateway
under stress
CSCsc21076
Headline: %Timeslot 1 already used by unknown group #00000000while
configuring DS0
CSCsc21216
Headline: translation rule causes outbound T destination-pattern not
to be matched
CSCsc21582
Headline: show crypto isakmp peer shows no output
CSCsc21757
Headline: One way audio after consult transfer from CME
CSCsc21967
Headline: Alignment - Spurious memory access trace:
tfib_request_all_tags
CSCsc23018
Headline: exp bits not copied correctly in mpls->mpls->GRE case
CSCsc23236
Headline: Modifications to IAD243x onboard framer fw for new framer
ver 2.2
CSCsc25426
Headline: PA-MC-STM1 OIR test failed as PING fails after re-inserting
PA into slot
CSCsc27337
Headline: 12.4(3a) re_smart_match causes Bus Error Crash when IPS is
enabled
CSCsc28854
Headline: PKI: vpnclient is able to connect only once if CRL is enabled
CSCsc30497
Headline: Nas-Port Pre-Auth failure breaks PPPoE session limit per vlan
CSCsc31082
Headline: FRF.16 - counters are not working in service policy inbound
& outbound
CSCsc32414
Headline: EasyVPN Remote sending empty list of backup servers when
none configured
CSCsc35321
Headline: CCH323_CT holding 25 MB of memory after several days of
testing
CSCsc36673
Headline: GK: Request RRQ queuing behavior when the queue is full
CSCsc36824
Headline: NAT: Router reloads in ipnat_destroy_all_seq_delta_pairs
CSCsc39557
Headline: 2800 Bus error crash with Voice when using caller-id feature
CSCsc40236
Headline: NRT: Multipath for IPv4+labels is broken when mpls ip is
toggled
CSCsc40912
Headline: SNASw software forced crash - validblock_diagnose, code = 1
CSCsc40952
Headline: Secure phones dont register with SRST if they connected to
VT Adv. Clie
CSCsc41626
Headline: PRI Channels are not getting busy out on applying AVBO
CSCsc42938
Headline: NRT:c12kPRP Crash at tc_handle_workq_item
CSCsc43954
Headline: MGCP calls disconnected with temporary failure due to 'call
collision'
CSCsc44206
Headline: Perfromance degradation between 12.3(7)T and 12.4(3a)
running VoIP
CSCsc45945
Headline: NonDR assert winner with local interest acts incorrectly on
(*,G) prune
CSCsc47154
Headline: Connection Tie-line fails to forward digits for the first call
CSCsc47417
Headline: With user-locale german CfwdAll shows mix of English and
German on 7940
CSCsc47754
Headline: sh pas isa interface for mppe encryption doesnt show anything.
CSCsc49637
Headline: PPPoE hangs sometimes after PPPoE session unexpeted
disconnects
CSCsc49958
Headline: aaa authentication fallback to enable caches previously
typed password
CSCsc49979
Headline: FXO port hung in FXOLS_RINGING when caller-id enabled on port
CSCsc51183
Headline: AS5850 - %SYS-6-STACKLOW: Stack for process VTSP running low
CSCsc54584
Headline: Ingress standard ACL for transit traffic broken with MFR
bundle
CSCsc55980
Headline: EzVPN in hung state
CSCsc59089
Headline: BGP: updates missing if route-refresh received while
updates on OutQ
CSCsc61228
Headline: CRCX with ?/?/? returns 500 Endpt Unknown .
CSCsc61625
Headline: MGCP NAS : AAA accounting corrupted for Calling-Station-Id
( on load
CSCsc62567
Headline: Connectivity issue between 2950/3550 and 2811 after 2811 is
reloaded
CSCsc64528
Headline: Syslog %CALLTRKR-6-MODEM_CALL_REC messages end on [TRUNCATED]
CSCsc65607
Headline: 3845 on reload trunk-group under e1 0/0/0 not in running
config
CSCsc66612
Headline: Bus error crash after SYS-2-INPUT_GETBUF: Bad getbuffer
CSCsc68262
Headline: I/O Mem Corruption due to ESP packet
CSCsc70055
Headline: Router crashed after OIR with memory corruption.
CSCsc70278
Headline: Outside to inside NAT translation problem for some tcp
traffic with vrfs
CSCsc71206
Headline: PA-A3 Traffic being concentrated on the 1 VC alone when
PPPoEoA cfg
CSCsc73028
Headline: 1760 - MGCP/BRI 2nd BRI port unusable when 1st port is down
CSCsc73337
Headline: low volume on call progress (ringback) tone in Sweden
CSCsc75852
Headline: IPS Bus error crash at SMTP scanner function
CSCsc77427
Headline: Hold-alert ringing is not stopped if Resume is pressed
during the ring
CSCsc78615
Headline: External transfers fail on inter digit timeout using
transfer-pattern 9T
CSCsc79220
Headline: SIP to PRI fax, after SIP T.38 fax, call fail to fall back
to voice
CSCsc80670
Headline: 17xx FE0/0 doesn't go up when conneted to a Telsey media
converter
CSCsc81637
Headline: bus error crash when hairpinning calls on ISR gateway
CSCsc86831
Headline: PPP Half-Bridging is broken
CSCsc90364
Headline: 5850 disc new call after eRSC switchover and old eRSC
becomes standby
CSCsc93633
Headline: Software bus error crash on 7206VXR w/12.3(14)T3 w/ NBAR
configured
CSCsc94139
Headline: MGCP gateway sends RELEASE_IND for incorrect T1 port
CSCsc94359
Headline: BGP table and CEF forwarding table have mismatched labels
CSCsc98381
Headline: Extra Zero after each digit for OOB - RFC2833 conversion in
MTP
CSCsd01824
Headline: Statefull outside NAT extended entries do not age out
CSCsd07075
Headline: Sever RRQ trigger conditions are not matched on RouteServer
connection
CSCsd07232
Headline: phone doesnt display first call after second call is
transfered
CSCsd07281
Headline: One-way continuous ring on SIP gateway towards PSTN
CSCsd10306
Headline: IP SLA packets have corrupted length field in IP header
CSCsd10341
Headline: Overlapping CallId and dstCallId in show voip rtp connection
CSCsd11646
Headline: Memory corruption after sh tag tdp discovery command
CSCsd11876
Headline: CSR has null challenge password
CSCsd12361
Headline: 7960/70/61- Ringer is not stopped after first incoming call
is answered
CSCsd12504
Headline: MOS value wrong for usec jitter probe
CSCsd13438
Headline: c2800: some VPN subnets are intermittently not sent through
HW crypto
CSCsd14445
Headline: Router crashes while unconfiguring resource-pool profile
customer
CSCsd16242
Headline: RTCP timout fails w/outbound MGCP calls
CSCsd16977
Headline: crash in DSMP on C2651XM-V-CCME when fax being sent to fast
path
CSCsd17623
Headline: isdn nsf-service sdn not sending ATT SDN code.
CSCsd18591
Headline: SIP-NAT: SDP field in 183 and 200 OK missing after NAT
translation
CSCsd20747
Headline: router brings up B-channels at startup; breaks L2TP dialout
CSCsd21185
Headline: APS receives traffic on Protected single POS interface
CSCsd21937
Headline: Conditional debugs for calling and called nuberm
untriggered twice.
CSCsd22803
Headline: Current Remote Bandwidth of sh gatekeeper status output
incorrect
CSCsd24320
Headline: dialer watch-list commands stored in reverse order
CSCsd27605
Headline: Malloc in I/O Pool following recovery of a MFR bundle member.
CSCsd28570
Headline: tclsh bypass of AAA authorization commands
CSCsd29364
Headline: NAS-Port attribute is not included in 2nd authorization w/
Prepaid
CSCsd29801
Headline: accounting template, fax relay attributes. Are being send
any way.
CSCsd30244
Headline: Busyout of CT3 card crashed the router
CSCsd32575
Headline: E1R2 Stuck in up/up state even after call is released
CSCsd33013
Headline: FHRPs fail to clear ARP entry after Duplicate IP event
CSCsd33469
Headline: GRE over IPSec loses GRE keepalives due to replay failure
CSCsd34780
Headline: **ERROR**: Ux_BadMsg: Invalid Message for call state 10,
event 0xA1
CSCsd36869
Headline: CME does not put transferred number digits in line focus
CSCsd39342
Headline: Call hung when 487 is not received after Cancel
CSCsd39519
Headline: 2621XM MGCP GW running 12.4.4T1 IOS hangs getting voice call.
CSCsd46403
Headline: AS5350XM with E1 R2 does not TX ANSWERED to Telco on
inbound calls
CSCsd47013
Headline: 2nd call callerid not correct with shared lines
CSCsd52423
Headline: Ezvpn client using multiple subnet fails generating wrong
phase2 SA
CSCsd54414
Headline: Ringing persists after 1st of 2 shared line calls is
answered on another
CSCsd56548
Headline: ISDN T313 timer is enabled with isdn protocol-emulate
network command.
CSCsd57678
Headline: Label inconsistency between BGP and forwarding tables for
remote routes
CSCsd58220
Headline: AS5400 doesnt disconnect call after rxing IDLE
CSCsd63879
Headline: Traceback at tunnel_destination_change
CSCsd67958
CSCuk59994
Headline: MFIB: re-appearance of memory leaks in
mfib_mrib_process_update()

Joe