[afnog] squid witth delay pools

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:17:27 EAT 2006

Yahaya,

yes, for the linux flavours, you need to specify the option for delay pools.
it doesnt come installed by default.

squid#./configure --enable-delay-pools --other-enable-options.....

a good how-to on using delay pools on linux flavours can be found here.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Bandwidth-Limiting-HOWTO.html

i hope that helps

Mike

On 6/1/06, Yahaya Wara <mywarra at yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I will like to know wether one can configure squid
> with delay pools using the already squid that came
> with most of linux flavours(RedHat, Mandrake/Mandriva,
> etc)CDs.
>
> OR
>
> One has to download seperate squid and compile it with
> delay pools option like this:
>
> # ./configure --prefix=/opt/squid
> --exec-prefix=/opt/squid --enable-delay-pools
> --enable-cache-digests --enable-poll
> --disable-ident-lookups --enable-truncate
> --enable-removal-policies
>
> # make all
>
> # make install
>
> Thanks
>

> Yahaya Mohammed Wara B.Sc, CCNA, CCAI
> Usmanu Danfodiyo University
> P.M.B 2346, Sokoto, Nigeria
> Mobile: 234-8039687494
>
> 'If current can be present in every part of circuit I see no reason Why
> Intelligency can not be passed through Computers'

You can either enjoy the benefits of your FAITH or suffer the consequences
of your DOUBT