[afnog] Re : Apache2-PHP5 Installation Issues

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Fri Jul 28 10:40:35 EAT 2006

Alain Ilunga wrote:

> There was the problem, I wasn't find libphp5 anywhere on my system. Is it possible that libphp5.so wasn't installed?

Hello - I've copied the AfNOG mailing list. It's much better
to keep such a discussion among the group as there is
certainly _much more_ expertise on the list then from a
single person.

It's definitely possible that libphp5.so wasn't installed.

But, as was noted we need some more detail to be able to help.

For instance, if you try the sample that Mark Tinka
suggested and it does not work can you tell us what you see
in your web server's error log?

So, if you create a php file "name.php" and in the file you
include the code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then, in another terminal window type the command (you need
to be root):

# tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

do you see an error generated when you try to open the php
file you just created in a web browser?

If so, what is that error?

Also, definitely give try Mark's other suggestions to see if
your issue may be that Apache is not yet properly configured
for php.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,
	- Hervey