[afnog] Can't using Mac OS 10

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Mon Feb 27 14:15:29 EAT 2006

Hi Rita,

On 25 Feb 2006, at 1:46 AM, Steven G. Huter wrote:
>> We have some dial-up clients who uses macintosh OS 10. They get
>> the following error messages when dialling;
>>
>> -authentication failed, and
>> -the modem has unexpectedly hanged up verify your settings and try
>> again.

I've found that with OS X one often has to select the option "Connect
using a Terminal Window", you find this under the network settings >>
internal modem >> PPP >> PPP Options >>  select checkbox..."Connect
using a Terminal Window"
When the terminal window opens upon connect the user must just press
the button "Continue"

I'm not sure why this is needed, but then once I found out, it just
worked so I didn't dig any deeper.

regards,

Alan