[afnog] Squid Log Files

Wonder Chikohomero wonder.chikohomero at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:33:37 EAT 2006

Afnog Community

I have a debian sarge runing squid<<>>dansguardian<<>>users. I can not log
the client ips behind dansguardian.  I have installed calamaris to provide
customised reports so, as users are pointing to dansguardian, the only ip
logged is for the proxy server. Do I have to get a second log analyser for
dansguardian or I can reverse the setup and do as below;
                                          dansguardian<<>>suid<<>>users.

The second question is how do I rotate logs, have calamaris do a daily
report.

Secondly; Seperating DNS Caching Server, and Regular Nameserver. Is it a
matter of editing the resolve.conf file and having BIND on one of the
servers.(no clue at all guys and appriciate your patience with fairly
newbies); I think as follows>> clients point to the cahing as primary dns;
the bind on the secondary dns.

Regards,

Wonderc

Catholic University of Mozambique