[afnog] Mailman configuration glitch

NTAMBI STEVEN sntambi at one2net.co.ug
Fri Oct 28 14:37:54 EAT 2005

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 01:55:49AM +0300, Steven Ntambi wrote:
>>    1.    Following the instructions on
>>    [1]http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html (which i hope i followed
>>    correctly)
>>    2.    created the list 'mailman'
>>    3.    Added the following to the httpd.conf
>>    <VirtualHost XX.X.XXX.XXX>
>>            UseCanonicalName On
>>            ServerAdmin emailaddress at admin_domainname
>>            DocumentRoot /usr/local/mailman/lists/
>>            ServerName lists.domainename1
>>            ServerAlias www.lists.domainename1
>>            ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/lists.domainename1/error_log
>>            CustomLog /var/log/httpd/lists.domainename1/access_log common
>>            ScriptAlias /mailman "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
>>            Alias /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public"
>>    </VirtualHost>
>>    <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/lists/">
>>            Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
>>            AllowOverride None
>>            Order allow,deny
>>            Allow from all
>>        </Directory>
>>    And made the DocRoot owned by mailman readable to www (httpd user) ie
>>    Docroot has permissions 754
>
> Try 755: rwxr-xr-x

DONE

>>    I still get a permission denied when attempting to view the site
>>    lists.domainname1 !!!! :-/
>
> Also try changing the Options line to
>
>     Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews Indexes

DONE

> If that works, then probably you're just missing an index.html or
> whatever.
> You can create one, and make sure mod_dir is loaded and you have a
> directive
> like
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
>
> Finally, do you have a
>
> NameVirtualHost XX.X.XXX.XXX
> or
> NameVirtualHost *
>
> in your config?
>
> Brian.

IN MY /Mailman/mm_config
# The host part of the URL used for your mailman install
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domaine1'
#
# The email domain of your lists
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.domaine1'
#
# Let Mailman know that the MTA needs no aliases setting
MTA = None

I have no IP addresses here (mm_config) tho both ists.domaine1 and omaine1
point to XX.X.XXX.XXX

I did create an (in DocumentRoot) index.php with the following BEGIN PHP
<?php
Header("Location: /mailman");
?>

END PHP

when i type the url lists.domaine1 it returns lists.domaine1/mailman and
error 403 don't have permission