[afnog] how to identify NetBIOS information using linux

Sergio Carrilho seergio.carrilho at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:11:23 EAT 2005

Hi all,
I have a machine on a remote network which has  a virus flooding the link.
The NAT machine in that site is a linux box (the LAN accesses the
internet via that box) under my control. I've identified the IP of the
machine which has the virus, but I want to have access to the NetBIOS
information of the machine so I can know exactly which machine it is
and to whom it belongs in order to remove the virus.

So the question is: How to use the remote NAT linux box to get the
NetBIOS information of a certain IP?

thanks

regards

sergio