[afnog] Fetchmail/Exim Problem

Julius Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Tue May 17 13:01:06 EAT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a fetchmail box. I have installed and configured
Exim+Courier-Imap+MySQL and all are running fine including the fetchmail
script.

For one reason or another, I can't seem to get the Maildir created even
after I send an e-mail from the system to any valid user (as per my
database). Below is an excerpt;

gateway# mail -v mike at domain-name
Subject: Test Message
.
EOT
Null message body; hope that's ok
mike at domain-name... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 domain-name ESMTP Exim 4.50 Tue, 17 May 2005 12:46:48 +0300
>>> EHLO domain-name
250-domain-name Hello localhost.one2net.co.ug [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
>>> MAIL From:<juki at domain-name> SIZE=45
250 OK
>>> RCPT To:<mike at domain-name>
>>> DATA
250 Accepted
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
451 Temporary local problem - please try later
mike at domain-name... Deferred: 451 Temporary local problem - please try later
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 domain-name closing connection

I then did a look up on the error, "451 Temporary local problem - please
try later" but did find anything conclusive.

Secondly, when the fetchmail script is executed, it sends the respective
mails to the respective user e-mail file(s) under /var/mail. I would like
it to 'post' that mail to /usr/mail/domain-name/users (which is the path
to the users' supposed mail directory according to my configuration).

I would really appreciate any help on solving this?

PS: The system is running on FreeBSD 4.10

Rgds,
Juki.

"Get rich or die trying!"