[afnog] Re: Request for input: The Working Group on Internet Governance

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at gitoyen.net
Fri Nov 19 10:01:46 EAT 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:58:11AM +0200,
 Adiel A. AKPLOGAN <adiel at akplogan.com> wrote
 a message of 82 lines which said:

> More to Michuki's response on address shortage which I share too,
> let me also add that AfriNIC policies do not have to be blessed by
> any RIR or ICANN!

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-14oct04.htm "The
African Network Information Center (AfriNIC) has taken another step
towards formal recognition as an official Regional Internet number
Registry (RIR) with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN)"

http://www.ripe.net/info/resource-admin/index.html "The RIRs work
closely together and with others to develop *consistent* policies"
(starts added by me)

And, of course, who gives IP addresses to the RIR to allocate?