[afnog] Fwd: [Fwd: [governance] Re: Request for input: The Working Group on Internet Governance]

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN adiel at akplogan.com
Fri Nov 19 09:58:11 EAT 2004

>>>Do not sign the NRO text. Not only it is false (read the ITU proposal
>>>to see that they do *not* ask for a *complete* control of IP
>>>allocation, quite the contrary), but it is also a distraction from the
>>>real issues of IP allocation (the fact that Afrinic policies have to
>>>be blessed by a northern consortium of network operators, the RIRs, or
>>>by a californian corporation, ICANN,

More to Michuki's response on address shortage which I share too, let me
also add that  AfriNIC policies do not have to be blessed by any RIR
or ICANN!

AfriNIC is an independent entity self-governed by its members (LIR/ISPs).
AfriNIC has developed its own policy development process which has been
adopted by its members and used during its first public policy meeting
held in Dakar (May 2004).

http://www.afrinic.net/policies/afpol-pdp200401-001.htm

http://www.afrinic.net/meetings/afrinic1/dakar24052004-report.htm

and the documents page: