[afnog] MPLS LSP UP but no traffic

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:40:17 UTC 2011

THanks Mark,

Interface configs and protocols is as below ,the whole network is in area 0
ospf

interfaces ge-0/1/1
vlan-tagging;
mtu 1600;
gigether-options {
    no-auto-negotiation;
}
unit 0 {
    vlan-id 98;
    family inet {
        address 10.87.8.198/30;
    }
    family mpls;
}

protocols bgp
hold-time 30;
graceful-restart;
group Core_BB_MPBGP {
    type internal;
    local-address 10.87.0.14;
    family inet {
        unicast;
    }
    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }
    peer-as 64514;
    neighbor 10.87.0.1;
    neighbor 10.87.0.2;
    neighbor 10.87.0.3;
    neighbor 10.87.0.4;
    neighbor 10.87.0.5;
    neighbor 10.87.0.6;
    neighbor 10.87.0.19;
    neighbor 10.87.0.20;
    neighbor 10.87.0.11;
    neighbor 10.87.0.12;
    neighbor 10.87.0.13;
    neighbor 10.87.0.15;
    neighbor 10.87.0.16;
    neighbor 10.87.0.17;
    neighbor 10.87.0.18;
    neighbor 10.87.0.21;
    neighbor 10.87.0.22;
    neighbor 10.87.0.23;
    neighbor 10.87.0.24;
}
configuration protocols ospf
traceoptions {
    file ospf.log size 1m files 20;
    flag event detail;
    flag hello detail;
    flag error detail;
}
traffic-engineering;
reference-bandwidth 100g;
area 0.0.0.0 {
    interface lo0.0 {
        passive;
    }
    interface ge-0/1/3.206 {
        inactive: bfd-liveness-detection {
            minimum-interval 400;
            multiplier 3;
        }
    }
    interface ge-0/1/0.0 {
        inactive: bfd-liveness-detection {
            minimum-interval 400;
            multiplier 3;
        }
    }
    interface ge-0/1/1.0 {
        bfd-liveness-detection {
            minimum-interval 400;
            multiplier 3;
        }
    }
}

Question: Is it OK or right to have LSPs that contain a mix of microwave and
fibre eg A-B fibre B-C is Microwave .Then you have an LSP from A-B-C ?