[afnog] ASDL to Ethernet port

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sun Jun 12 08:56:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 10:37:02PM -0700, ANTHONY GESASE wrote:
>     I have an internet cable (rj45) that is the one that brings internet to
>     my office, and my WAN port is ASDL.   LAN interface on the router is
>     okey ( has 4 Ethernet ports) I want to access internet through my
>     router and also access my local servers (cable ) which are connected on
>     one switch.
>     let me try the options (VLAN) previously suggested with other mambers
>     then see if it works.

If it's an 877(W), then this can definitely be made to work: I have used
877W routers and configured them so that one of the ethernet ports is on a
different VLAN and used for Internet uplink and DHCP client.

It won't work on 85x series because they only support one VLAN (87x supports
four)

If you're still having problems I may be able to dig out configs.