[afnog] Cisco Firewall,Router and Switch Setup

robert nkeramugaba robertnkera at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:32:30 UTC 2011

Hi David,

Slowing down your network depends on how your users uses different services
on your network and how you segment it up.
A best setup would be to have your Edge Router connecting to your ISPs then
you have a firewall and a switch.(ISP1&ISP2>Edge Router>Firewall>Switch>LAN)
And you implement Vlans for your users and define some policies for your
users(QoS,Bandwidth,..etc)

Hope it helps :-)

Robert NKERAMUGABA