[afnog] BGP peering via VPN tunnel

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jul 2 10:06:37 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 01, 2011 11:30:17 PM Shepherd Magumo wrote:

> I think I can approach them with this proposal and see
> how much they will charge me.

Indeed.

If it's cheaper than connecting to the exchange point, and
you can manage the budget, take it. If it's not, you're
better off joining the exchange point or searching for other
providers that can offer you what you need.

South Africa is nicely notorious for having the "local and
international" package distinctions, so you should be well
taken care of :-).

Cheers,

Mark.