[afnog] 32 bit ASN

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jan 25 17:37:51 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 06:57:06 pm a.onuche at nixp.net
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Thanks for all your response.
> the  error message was " the valid range for AS number is
> 1 to 65535"
>
> Scourge the Internet for downloads. Does any one have an
> idea where i can download/upgrade the appropriate
> software both for Foundry BigIron Router and Cisco 2800
> (Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(24)T)

Refer to my previous e-mail re: IOS.

For Brocade (was Foundry), you'll need version 4.00 for
IronWare.

In either case, would suggest contacting your authorized
Cisco/Brocade supplier for assistance (since I'm guessing
you don't have direct Cisco/Brocade TAC support). If you
don't have one, you could contact any supplier in your area
(of business), but they may charge you if you aren't already
a customer.

You won't be able to get any directions from this list on
where else to download the code otherwise :-).

Cheers,

Mark.