[afnog] problem tracing route to google.com

Tracy Musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 11 13:09:42 UTC 2011

Hi Franck and Liliane,

some ISPs block incoming ICMP packet for security reason, in this case you need to trace , just use some tools like NSCAN...

Liliane,  try and let us know okey !!

I work on many kind of Firewall based Linux and some time I meet this problem, especially when using old untangle, IPCOP and others. but u can turn on incoming icmp packet, but it's not a good idea.

Happy Hacking

CokoTracy
Kgl, RWD