[afnog] Error While installing Nfsen, cacti from port in FreeBSD 7.2

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:43:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Pamela Pomary <ppomary at ug.edu.gh> wrote:

> Hello to you all.
>
> I encounter an error while installing from ports in FreeBSD 7.2.
>
> It says:
>
> checking for XCB... configure: error: Package requirements (xcb >= 1.4)
> were not met:
>
> Requested 'xcb >= 1.4' but version of XCB is 1.2
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XCB_CFLAGS
> and XCB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to ntarmos at cs.uoi.gr [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/x11/xcb-util/work/xcb-util-0.3.6/config.log" including the
> output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide
> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> /var/db/pkg`).

I had the same problem a few months back. It turned out to be a problem with
the installation of XCB. Even after upgrading it, it still bombed out. I did
not need to use xcb in what I was to do so I disabled it in the cairo port.

server# cd /usr/ports/graphics/cairo
server# make config

de-select the XCB option

cd back to your nfsen port. Do not forget to make clean. Then you can start
your make install clean again.

Please note that I did not need to use xcb. weigh your options and see if
you need it.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.