[afnog] Measuring IPv6 at Web Clients and Caching Resolvers in Africa

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Mar 26 12:12:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

Mirjam Kuehne from RIPE NCC posted the following message:

We prototyped a method to measure the IPv6 capabilities of caching
DNS resolvers that end-users use when browsing the web. The results
of these measurements are now published on RIPE Labs:

1. A summary of the measurements and results can be found here:

http://labs.ripe.net/content/measuring-ipv6-web-clients-and-caching-resolvers-part-1

2. Some more detailed analysis (including a breakdown of IPv6 usage
per country and city) are here:

http://labs.ripe.net/content/measuring-ipv6-web-clients-and-caching-resolvers-part-2-country-level-and-other-statistics

3. The methodology we use for these measurements are described here:

http://labs.ripe.net/content/measuring-ipv6-web-clients-and-caching-resolvers-part-3-methodology

All articles can be accessed from the RIPE Labs home page at
http://labs.ripe.net

If you have any comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to
submit them to the RIPE Labs forum or send them directly to me.

Mirjam Kuehne
RIPE NCC

Emile Aben kindly provided a breakdown for Africa (
http://labs.ripe.net/node/ipv6-measurements#comment-78 ).  You can
view a larger image at
http://labs.ripe.net/userfiles/image/v6webanddns/v6africa.png

Regards,