[afnog] Re : Re : (no subject)

Makan SIMAGA makansimaga at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 10 11:54:44 UTC 2010

Hi Joe

Maarch is a web based application written in PHP5.
It can be implemented with Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL or MySQL databases, but I have a MySQL based implementation and it work perfectly.
By default, users are registered in a MySQL table and authentication process is based on this table.
It is also possible to use LDAP authentication and in my case, I would like to use MS Active directory but there is no documentation about LDAP authentication in Maarch official Website (www.maarch.org) nor in their forum (http://forum.maarch.org/).
When you google your error message (_NO_LOGIN_OR_PSW_BY_LDAP), you obtain nothing.
After two weeks of research I decided to ask for help in AFNOG forum, a forum known to use a lot of open source solutions.
Really I expect to find someone who has already use Maarch with LDAP, but I certainly ask badly my question and I'm sorry.
AFNOG forum help me greatly when I had problems with Unix/linux, BIND, Postfix implementations. But I recognize that in this case, it's an unusual application and it would be very difficult to help someone if you have never implement it.
The only solution I have now is to read the source code to try to understand the process or to write my own LDAP authentication process which is more easy but sometimes not recommended.

Thanks for all

 Makan SIMAGA
Cel : +223 76 07 37 19