[afnog] Re : (no subject)

Noah Sematimba ksemat at psg.com
Tue Mar 9 17:11:01 UTC 2010

Hello Makan,

On Mar 9, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Makan SIMAGA wrote:

> Hi chris,
> I read the french translation of your link and I'm sorry if my
> question is not well asked.
> I don't speak currently english, really I'm a french speaker but I
> hope to find in this english speaking forum, someone who has the
> same problem.
> Finally I think I will be better for me to read all the code source
> of this application, to find by myself why I have this problem. My
> goal wasn't to disturb you our to waste precious time of hackers.

You're not wasting our time. The reason for this list is to enable
African Network Operators to assist each other and also get help from
those outside who are interested in being of help to us.

  I think Chris was trying to show you how to frame your questions in
such a way that the people reading them can get all the relevant
details, and thus be able to offer you a better answer. Often the
reason people don't get the answers they are looking for is because
they don't ask the right questions or the questions they ask lack
certain critical details that would enable someone who is attempting
to give you an answer to determine what your setup looks like, what
your configuration is, what you've so far done to fix the problem and
thus what you could possibly be missing out.

Noah.