[afnog] Bind IP address to MAC Address

Daniel Bwente dbwente at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:57:39 UTC 2010

Seeing as your running DHCP, in the event the client gets another address
your still suffering the same scenario, look into MAC address filtering like
Mark suggested,
see https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/629976,
Look into the equivalent of this command for either your 2950 switch or the
router

*Switch(config)#mac address-table static 000f.1f43.e62a vlan 8 drop*

But then again your Mac address seems longer than normal, is that the right
address

Cheers

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Regardt van de Vyver <regardt at neology.co.za
> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t11/feature/guide/gtdhc
> psm.html#wp1027177<http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t11/feature/guide/gtdhc%0Apsm.html#wp1027177>
>
> That will allow you to statically map a mac to an IP. Then simply ACL that
> IP as blackhole.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Regardt van de Vyver
> ---------------------------------------
> Chief Information Officer - Neology (Pty) Ltd
> web: http://www.neology.co.za
> mail: regardt at neology.co.za
> mobile: +27 82 3876007
> office: +27 11 476 1933
> skype: regardtv

 Dan
 +256-071-2-552035

"You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue. you will
wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb and all the dead will know; This
is Hector: the fool who thought he killed Achilles."