[afnog] UCEPROTECT blacklist

Chris Wilson chris+afnog at aptivate.org
Fri Aug 6 08:43:32 UTC 2010

Hi "muhump",

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, muhump at mtn.co.ug wrote:

> Has anyone experienced blacklist issues with UCEPROTECT, which blacklist
> site asks for money to un-blacklist. It seems exhortation to me.

Not personally. But many comments on the Exim mailing list say the same
thing. Note that UCEPROTECT will delist you after a certain time period
if you request it. The payment is only for *faster* delisting.

> How do we solve this? What governing body can help with this.

None. It's not illegal to run a blacklist however you choose, or to use
one to block email. You can talk to the people who are blocking your email
based on this list and persuade them to stop using it.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.