[afnog] exchange 2003 can't send out emails!

Arbogast Fabian afabbie at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:00:07 UTC 2010

thanks all gurus,

very funny .....the issue was missing DNS entries on the NIC configuration for some reason.....although it was resolving, surfing, connecting to port 25, sending email to few domains e.t.c

for curiosity we just checked the network configuration and found DNS entries missing....after putting them back mails just kicked out of the box......

we could not imagine that it was such an issue since it was resolving and all that......

but it seems it was using DNS (local) entries and forwarders in the DNS Configuration files (entries) but for some reason it could not use the same entries for forarding outside email..

the we sorted out the problem last evening.....

thanks every one for advise and support.

Fabian