[afnog] Testing-NAT64-And-DNS64

Graham Beneke graham at neology.co.za
Mon Aug 2 18:22:58 UTC 2010

On 31/07/2010 07:17, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:05:06 am McTim wrote:
>> who is giving you native v6? Nice to know that someone
>> has stepped up to the plate!

We are picking up our transit natively at our PoP in London. Many ISPs
in Europe seem to have climbed on the IPv6 bus so there are usually a
number of choices of varying qualities.

> Good to remember that even though you can have native v6 on
> the peering link, what's in your upstream's core might be
> something completely different.

Our core is native IPv6. ;-)

> Finding native peering links is getting easier. Finding
> providers who are native in their core, not so much. But,
> perhaps, to some, this may or may not necessarily be an
> issue.

I was wondering what is considered 'not-native'?

I have been avoiding 6in4 and transition tunnelling protocols where
possible. We are however using layer-2 tunnels in various places. These
IPv4 and IPv6 packets arrive 'natively' at the end user with a 1500 MTU
available. Doesn't seem to cause any harm ;-)

--
Graham Beneke
Systems Engineer      | Neology (PTY) Ltd.
Skype: grbeneke       | MSN: graham at neology.co.za