[afnog] Configuring Zone Transfers in Suse Linux

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jun 25 09:08:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:46:40AM +0300,
 Allan.KIWUMULO at unra.go.ug <Allan.KIWUMULO at unra.go.ug> wrote
 a message of 22 lines which said:

> Could some one please guide me on how to enable and configure zone
> transfers on a Suse Linux 10.0 box. I have a Linux box on to which i
> want to configure zone transfers to some other public DNS servers.

The fact that it is Linux Suse is quite irrelevant. More important
would be to know the type of name server software. BIND?

If so, see the example with allow-transfer at
<https://www.isc.org/software/bind/documentation/arm95#id2568032> (the
official documentation is always the place to start).