[afnog] Cannot connect to remote pop3 server

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Feb 18 15:09:03 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 10:36:29 pm Shepherd Magumo
wrote:

> ISP1 just told me that it is a global problem...

Still not sure what you mean by "global problem". Are they
trying to make the problem go away by throwing fancy words
at it :-)?

Seriously, though, I'm able to access port 110 from my end,
so perhaps the problem isn't so global (just successfully
tested from another server in the U.S. as well).

The problem most likely lies with your ISP, and/or their
upstream(s).

Cheers,

Mark.