[afnog] Cacti not graphing

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Thu Feb 5 17:21:38 UTC 2009

Hi

On 2/5/09 7:25 PM, Oludare Ojo wrote:
> I did ‘ls –l /usr/local/share/cacti/rra’ and got:
>
> ‘drwxr –xr –x 3 root wheel 512 Feb 5 12:27 rra’
>
> Please, how do I make it readable by the webserver? Thanks.

err.. it *is* readable by the webserver. You may want to read up on UNIX
file permissions.

next you need to try ls -l on the full filename including the .rrd file.

if that file doesn't exist, then you need to re-read the instructions
that follow after you install cacti from ports. In case you forgot

cat /usr/ports/net-mgmt/cacti/files/pkg-message.in

should be a reminder, especially the part about the crontab. If you
didn't do a make clean the the pkg-message in
/usr/ports/net-mgmt/cacti/ should have the same info with the %%name%%
variables substituted for proper values.

If you did follow those instructions then run the poller command without
the >/dev/null and with debug.

/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/share/cacti/poller.php --debug --force

should do it, look through the output for errors.

--
patrick.