[afnog] afnog Digest, Vol 54, Issue 25

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Sep 24 14:51:34 UTC 2008

Global One Solution wrote:
> IS-IS is becoming the protocol for ISP's

it *was* the only igp for isps.  this changed 15 years ago.  many use
ospf today and will continue to do so.  in many environments, especially
the smaller ones, it's a toss up.

> there are a lot of improvement and added features

thank $deity not!  this is one of its best points.

ospf has many added features, and new ones every year.  if you think a
747 is a fun plane to fly, you'll like it.

> Currently there is ONLY one Tier I ISP in the US that still uses OSPF

i do not believe this is true

> IS-IS rocks :)

this statement is true

randy