[afnog] Problem bringing up MPLS on disimilar interfaces

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Sep 23 16:18:37 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 18:17:36 Frank A. Kuse wrote:

> Thanks very much for your support. MPLS is up and running
> very well now.

Glad to hear everything is working great!

> The reason of using IS-IS is for future
> expansion of our network.

I'd suggest taking a closer look at your IS-IS deployment
(one of my suspicions with your LDP problem was the
Loopback address wasn't propagating properly within IS-IS).

I've put up some IS-IS ideas I think would be general best
practice on my blog here:

http://aknit-routing.blogspot.com/2008/06/is-is-routing-protocol-best-practices.html

Have a look when you get a chance and see if there's
anything you might find useful.

Cheers,

Mark.