[afnog] Postfix relay

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Sep 17 11:15:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:45:50PM +0200,
 Antonio Godinho <antonio at uem.mz> wrote
 a message of 32 lines which said:

> I have a postfix mail server version 2.3 and I am trying to setup
> the mail relay control in order not to allow MAIL FROM addresses
> that are not part of the valid mail users for the server.

First, I suggest to think twice about it. Is it really what you want?
What problem are you trying to solve?

Second, why not (Warning: untested):

smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/senders, reject

With /etc/postfix/senders containing:

uem.mz OK

An even better solution (again: speaking cheaply, because I did not
actually test it) would be to require login and to play with
reject_sender_login_mismatch.