[afnog] Postfix relay

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Wed Sep 17 10:45:50 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have a postfix mail server version 2.3 and I am trying to setup the mail
relay control in order not to allow MAIL FROM addresses that are not part of
the valid mail users for the server.

I have setup the following in order to do this:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unlisted_sender, reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain

However, this has no effect whatsoever on the allowed sending. It still
allows people to forge the MAIL FROM address as soon as they are part of the
network that is allowed to send messages.

Anyone know if there is anyway to make this work? has ayone tried this? I
keep reading the docs on postfix but find nothing else.

Antonio Godinho
CIUEM
Maputo
Mozambique