[afnog] vlans on cisco 2611XM

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 15 23:28:41 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 02:31:19 augustin kanyimbu
wrote:

> hi,

Hello.

> i need your help, I'm trying to enable intervlan routing
> on a cisco 2620 using IOS 12.2(5d)

12.2(5)d does not have 802.1Q VLAN Trunking support, as far
as I can tell, for the 2620.

In 12.2, you need the 12.2T train, which I wouldn't
recommend unless there are other critical features it has
that you need.

I'd suggest you look at 12.3 mainline, which has support for
this. If you have insufficient RAM/flash resources, then
you may consider 12.2T or 12.2YT.

> it seems 802.1Q is not supported on the Cisco 2611XM
> FastEthernet interface. is there an other way to use
> vlans on cisco 2611XM ?

A tad confusing because above, you reference a 2620.

At any rate, the 2611XM doesn't support this feature in 12.2
mainline either. Would suggest you consider 12.3 mainline
or 12.4 mainline for that.

Cheers,

Mark.