[afnog] Natting

Peter Nyamukusa peter.nyamukusa at africaonline.co.tz
Mon Oct 13 05:37:10 UTC 2008

Hi Hyeroba,

You would need something similar to this, since you have only one public IP
you can change the ssh port for one of your boxes to an non standard tcp
port by modifying /etc/ssh/ssh_config and /etc/services

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1
 description <<Connection to LAN>>
 encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
 ip address 192.168.0.253 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description <<Connection To Internet >>
 ip address 41.x.x.2 255.255.255.252
 ip nat outside

ip nat inside source list 1 interface GigabitEthernet0/1 overload
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.98 25 41.x.x.2 25 extendable
<NOTE: Mail server IP- email>>
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.98 22 41.x.x.2 22 extendable
<NOTE: Mail server IP - ssh access>>
ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.0.98 222 41.x.x.2 222 extendable
<NOTE: asterisk BOX IP - ssh access on no standard ssh port>>

access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255

Cheers,
Peter Nyamukusa
Technical Manager
Africa Online (T) Ltd
Tel: +255 (22) 211 6090
Fax: +255 (22) 211 6089
Email: peter.nyamukusa at africaonline.co.tz
AIM: petenya

A member of the Telkom South Africa Group