[afnog] Natting

Hyeroba Peter phyeroba at cfi.co.ug
Mon Oct 13 05:21:55 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am having some trouble configuring NAT.

Here is my situation. I have a CISCO router providing broadband internet, it
has one public IP. I have two servers on my internal network, a mail server
and an asterisk box, I have created two domain names to identify these boxes
e.g mailserver.domain.com and asterisk.domain.com. Is there a way I could
configure NAT on the router such that if someone sent me say a mail message,
it would go to my mailserver?
I have added both domains to my DNS records and the mailserver.domain.com is
an mx record. Also how can I be able to access both those machines from the
external world using SSH being that they have no public IP's? Can NATing
solve these issues?

Kind Regards.

Hyeroba W. Peter
Computer Frontiers International limited;
Tel: +256 31 230 1800 or +254 41 456 4200; Fax: +256 41 434 0456;
Cell-phone: +256 78 247 9192;
Website: www.cfi.co.ug