[afnog] -Squid cache problem !!!

Ronald Nsubuga nsubugr at itxpertz.net
Wed Oct 8 08:17:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Habib Mohammedaman <habibhma at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Ronald ,
>
> but i check it from other link and the site is working fine .
>
> even when i try to clear it usin webmin it gives me this error ,

This means cross check and reconfigure your ACL's for squid better still try
and keep it simple stop the squid service / uninstall the squid service and
try again.
If all that fails them you will have to cross check with the configuration
of the www index file.

Am not using squid BUT I can't access that site! unless when you say that
it's restricted.

Do you have both squid and your www server running off the same box?

> Clearing URL http://www.etharc.org/ ..
>
> HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
> Server: squid/2.6.STABLE6
> Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 06:46:37 GMT

> Via: 1.0 proxy1:3128 (squid/2.6.STABLE6)
> Proxy-Connection: close
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://www.etharc.org/
>

> The following error was encountered:
>
>    - *
>
>    Access Denied.
>    *

These are ACL's in your squid configuration holding you.

Did you try these options given in this FAQ?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ClearingTheCache

Ronald Nsubuga,
skype: nsptash

"I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble"