[afnog] Signing root zone

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Nov 6 13:49:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:37:36PM +0900,
 Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> as you are making much ado in the ripe effort to put out a comment,
> why do you deride people's efforts to do so here?

A small fix: I never asked RIPE to make a comment to the NTIA
consultation. Quite the opposite, I was in favor of not
answering. But, since it seems a large majority of the RIPE DNS
Working Group was supporting the idea of a comment, I did participate
to the discussion to make a better comment.

> i suggest not descending into silly wordsmithing discussions as are
> going on in ripe.

They are not wordsmithing, they simply take into account the fact that
the entire issue is non technical. The US governement clearly does not
care about DNSSEC, it just wants approval for its process and for its
oversight. DNSSEC is just an excuse.