[afnog] Monitor ethernet bandwith utilisation on Cisco switch

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Nov 3 16:48:49 UTC 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 22:43:26 Meuyou Noumba wrote:

> By manage I mean bandwidth allocation and restriction per
> port; Qos, and packet filer.

You may or may not find it surprising that the (QoS)
capabilities of the various Cisco Catalyst switches will
vary - even though the CLI may seem like-for-like
(especially when commands are available but running them
doesn't implement the feature).

To make things more precise for you, if you could tell us
what switch model you are working with, that would tell us
what kind of restrictions you face, if any, with vis-a-vis
your requirements.

> It's MRTG works for any type of cisco router?

Yep, via SNMP, which Cisco IOS supports just nicely.

Cheers,

Mark.