[afnog] Same messages downloaded many times

Yaovi Atohoun yaovito at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 3 07:25:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a problem with a user's mails being downloaded many times using the same computer.  A weeks ago, this user reported that about 400 messages already downloaded in the past were downloaded again as a new mails.  FYI, I have configured his client software (Outlookk Express) to leave a copy on the server after downloading. The reason is to allow this user to also have access to his mail form the webmail.

Could somebody tell me what can cause Outlook to download many times the sames messages on the same computer? What  solution to my problem?

Thanks
Yaovi